As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.Before downloading this driver:
RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS :
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 275 family of drivers (versions 275.xx to 279.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Release 275.33
- The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers. Please read this FAQ for more information on this issue.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v270.61 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 4% in Crysis 2
- Up to 5% in Civilization V with SLI
- Up to 9% in Portal 2
- Up to 13% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
- Up to 6% in Crysis 2
- Up to 8% in Portal 2
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
- Up to 15% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- Increases performance by up to 12% for dual-core CPUs in CPU-limited cases.
- In Release 275, NVIDIA Update adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU, and antialiasing (AA) profile updates. These profile updates are automatically downloaded from NVIDIA and silently installed on your PC, keeping it up-to-the-minute with the latest game profiles. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.co.uk, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.
- New NVIDIA Control Panel user interface for configuring desktop scaling, including new preview window.
- Now consistently available for all displays (including VGA and HDMI connections).
- New scaling override option for Windows 7 gaming.
- Improved desktop resizing user interface that guides the user to disable overscanning using their HDTV controls and also provides a fallback option to enable desktop resizing via the NVIDIA Control panel.
- NVIDIA desktop resizing now creates a custom, resized resolution with 1:1 pixel mapping and resizes standard resolutions for games that don’t support custom resolutions.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
- NVIDIA with Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v275.33 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- 3D Vision Window Mode support. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Added support for 3D Vision Photo viewer to now work in Window Mode. When you have opened a 3D picture file check the “View” section for this new option.
- Improved 3D Vision IR emitter and 3D Vision glasses synchronization
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: NEC NP-V300X series
- Adds support for new 3D Vision notebooks: Alienware M17x R3, Dell XPS L702x, ASUS VX7-3DE, ASUS G53SW-3DE, ASUS G53SX-3DE, ASUS G74SX-3DE
- Adds support for new 3DTV Play notebooks: ASUS VX7, ASUS G53SW, ASUS G53SX, ASUS N73SW, and Dell XPS 15z
- Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Age of Empires Online
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Battlefield Play4Free
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dungeon Siege III
- Portal 2
- Super Street Fighter IV
- World of Tanks
- Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
- Portal 2 – fixed water reflection problem and updated convergence setting to provide a better user experience
- The Witcher 2 – Improved 3D Vision compatibility for all in-game effects
- Installs HD Audio driver version 188.8.131.52
- Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
- Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.