Release 418 is an ‘Optimal Drivers for Enterprise’ (ODE) branch release. ODE branches are dedicated to long term stability, ideal for use by Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certifications, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and Enterprise environments. What’s New in Version 418 U2
Windows 10 Open Issues in Version R418 U2
- This driver adds security updates for driver components.
See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 4772 for details.
See also the section “Driver Security” for actions to take to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- NVIDIA Control Panel
Updated to version 8.1.950. Added new Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters controls.
- Video Codec SDK 9.0
- Supports NVENC/NVDEC on NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- NVENC API adds the capability to output encoded bitstream and motion vectors from Motion-Estimation-only mode to video memory
- NVENC API now accepts CU Array as an input buffer
- Added H.265 B-frame support for NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- Added H.265 444 Decode support for NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- Optical Flow SDK 1.0 (Released February 11, 2019)
This is a new API for Optical Flow and stereo disparity hardware engine, available on Turing GPUs.
- [Octane Renderer 3.08]: Rendering a scene with Octane renderer results in a GPU:FAILED error. 
To work around, downgrade the driver to a previous driver release (410 or 415).
- [Warp and Blend]: The system hangs and then crashes after enabling warp-and-blend or per-pixel intensity feature on a custom resolution.
- [Assimilate Scratch]: The application may crash due to a kernel exception in the NVIDIA OpenGL driver.
If you encounter this issue, roll back the driver to version 385.90, or disable Deep Color within the application as follows:
From the startup screen choose System Settings.
- In the System Settings Dialog, choose the Advanced tab.
- From the list (under Graphics) select "OpenGL: Disable 'deep color'
- Click the boolean button to turn the setting on.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic]: The secondary GPU does not render video content when played from the Chrome browser in full-screen mode.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic][Quadro Sync]: Application corruption and possible blue-screen crash occurs when enabling WARP while Mosaic and Quadro Sync are enabled.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here