WHY CHOOSE A TESLA GPU?
DESIGNED FOR HPC PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY
The NVIDIA® CUDA® parallel computing platform is enabled on
GeForce®, Quadro®, and Tesla® products. Whereas GeForce and
Quadro are designed for consumer graphics and professional visualization, respectively, the Tesla product family is designed ground-up for
parallel computing and programming and offers exclusive High
performance computing features.
Access the power of GPU computing
with off-the-shelf, ready to deploy
Tesla GPU SimCluster.
HIGHEST PERFORMANCE FOR HPC APPLICATIONS
Tesla GPUs are designed with exclusive features to maximize performance for
Full double precision floating point performance
- 1.43 TFlops on the Tesla K40 GPU
- Higher double precision than consumer products
Faster PCIe communication
- The only NVIDIA product with two DMA engines for bi-directional PCIe communication
Higher performance on technical applications with large data sets
- Larger on-board memory (12 GB on the Tesla K40 GPU)
Faster communication with InfiniBand using NVIDIA GPUDirect™
- Special Linux patch, InfiniBand driver, and CUDA driver
Higher performance CUDA driver for Windows OS
- TCC driver reduces CUDA kernel overhead and enables Windows Remote Desktop and Windows Services
Learn more about exclusive software for Tesla products.
LINPACK (HPL) PERFORMANCE
Double Precision, n = 72995
Tesla GPU Accelerators enable the use of GPUs and CPUs together
in an individual server node or blade form factor.
BUILT FOR DATA RELIABILITY
Computational professionals depend on mission critical applications to run reliably without data error. All Tesla GPUs undergo zero error tolerance testing in the most strenuous conditions for hundreds of times longer than any other NVIDIA products. Tesla GPU exclusive features include:
ECC protection for uncompromised data reliability
- For memories inside the GPU and the external GDDR5 memory
Zero error tolerance stress testing
- Stress tested in manufacturing for several days
Manufactured by NVIDIA and guaranteed to be of highest quality
- Higher margin in memory and core clocks for added reliability
Enterprise level support
- Three year warranty, higher priority bug resolutions and feature requests, and product lifecycle of 18-24 months
- HPC software vendors only certify software on Tesla products
BUILT FOR HPC SOLUTIONS
HPC customers have unique requirements. Only Tesla business unit provides products and solutions to meet these special needs:
Integrated OEM Systems
- Innovative OEM servers, blades, and workstations designed specifically for Tesla products
Long-term supply and availability of Tesla products
- 18-24 month life-cycle availability
Data center warranty
- 3 year warranty from NVIDIA and OEM partners on Tesla products
Cluster management and GPU monitoring software
- GPU temperature monitoring, fan speed, and power
Exclusive access to GPUs in a cluster
HPC expertise in pre-sales and post-sales support
- Total HPC solution expertise provided by CUDA tuning engineers, solution architects, and dedicated sales team.
Tesla GPU computing products are designed to supercharge your computing cluster.